Specifications of galvanized gabion cage
● Material: zinc coated steel wire.
● Mesh wire size: 2.0 mm - 3.0 mm.
● Selvedge wire size: 3.4 mm.
● Lacing wire size: 2.2 mm.
● Mesh size: 50 mm × 70 mm, 60 mm × 80 mm, 80 mm × 100 mm, 100 mm × 120 mm.
|Cage specs of galvanized gabion cage|
Galvanized gabion cage is the most widely used type among all materials of gabion cage. The galvanized steel wire is a type of material with 99% pure zinc coating. The zinc coating supplies excellent corrosion and rust resistance performance.
Galvanized steel wire can be divided into electric galvanized wire and hot dipped galvanized steel wire.
Electric steel wire woven gabion cage with about 20 g/m2 zinc coating is much cheaper and economical than the hot dipped galvanized woven gabion cage.
Hot dipped galvanized gabion cage with thick zinc coating is durable and long service life. The zinc coating will protect the gabion cage from corrosion, rust, salt, acid and alkali, so it can keep good condition even in the harshest environments.
The electric galvanized woven gabion cage is economical but high tensile strength. It is suit for those customers which has tight budget. The hot dipped galvanized suit the customers which will apply the harsh environment to ensure the solid and durable structure, the high budget is worthy for the long service life and low maintenance cost.
Features of galvanized gabion cage
● Corrosion and rust resistance.
● Acid and alkali resistance.
● Can be used in the salty environments.
● 3 strands or 5 strands structure for choice.
● Flat bundle package for small transporting space and low cost.
Applications of galvanized gabion cage
Galvanized gabion cage is widely used in the water and related projects, details are as follows:
● Slope protection.
● River bank protection.
● Bridge reinforcement.
● Riverway treatment.